Venture Out Australia Terms and Conditions
Please read carefully the following terms and conditions. In booking and paying for a tour or rental, you agree to be bound by these conditions which form the agreement between Venture Out Australia and you.
Prices quoted on the website are in Australian dollars and are payable by credit card. All prices are inclusive of GST. The tour and hire must be paid in full prior to commencement and your credit card details and licence number will be held as a bond. Upon return of rental equipment in the same condition as it was rented out to you, no extra charge will be made.
* If you wish to cancel your tour or rental, please notify Venture Out Australia in writing. A full refund will be given to bookings if cancellation occurs outside of 48hrs prior to tour/hire departure. If cancellation occurs within 48 hours prior to departure you will forfeit 50% of the fee paid. No refunds will be given if cancellation occurs within 12 hours prior to departure.
* There are no refunds on early returns of gear hire.
* If you wish to transfer from one tour/hire to another, or from one family member to another, please notify Venture Out Australia in writing. We will seek to accommodate where we can.
* Venture Out Australia may continue a tour in light wind & rain as long as it is not considered dangerous. Participants are encouraged to wear appropriate clothing for the conditions.
* Venture Out Australia reserves the right to cancel any tour/hire prior to departure due to inclement weather or minimum participant numbers not met, in which case you will be given a full refund of payments you have made to Venture Out Australia. You will not be entitled to claim any additional amounts or seek any compensation for any injury, loss, expenses or damage or for any loss of time or inconvenience which may result from the cancellation.
- Tour Prices
Venture Out Australia reserves the right to amend tour/hire prices at any time.
- Travel insurance
Personal travel insurance is not included in the price of the tour/hire. It is a condition of booking a tour/hire with Venture Out Australia that you are adequately insured for the full duration of the tour/hire in respect of illness, injury, death, loss of baggage and personal items, damage to or loss of hire gear, and cancellation or curtailment. It is your responsibility to make such insurance arrangements.
- Route Changes
Venture Out Australia reserves the right to:
- Change the date of departure or conclusion of the tour, or, modify any aspect of the tour, or
- Cancel or modify any routes within the tour or objectives set out in the itinerary, or
- Substitute different or equivalent routes within the tour in place of cancelled or modified routes, or
- Postpone, cancel or delay any such aspect of the tour if in the absolute discretion of Venture Out Australia, if it is necessary to do so due to inclement weather, snow or icy conditions or conditions that are otherwise likely to be hazardous or dangerous or due to any other adverse or threatening conditions which may affect the safety of participants and guides of the group.
In the event of any change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay under this condition, you acknowledge that you will have no right to claim compensation for any injury, loss or damage or other additional expenses incurred by virtue of the change, modification, cancellation postponement or delay. Venture Out Australia also reserves, in its absolute discretion, the right to cancel any tour due to any government travel warning or advice, or any change in such warning or advice. In this event condition 3 applies in respect of the cancellation or transfer of a tour. Travel insurance may compensate you depending on the circumstances.
- Health and Fitness requirements
To fully enjoy and benefit from your tour/hire you should be in good health and physical condition. For mountain biking, the trails ridden vary in condition but many parts are of a challenging technical nature. You need to be comfortable and confident riding technical terrain for the intermediate trails. For paddling, the lake system is susceptible to increasing wind. You must be able to paddle to safety should wind increase while you are on the water. If you have a medical, physical or mental condition you must disclose this to us upon booking. You are also obliged to do the same once you have booked where a medical condition becomes evident leading up to departure.
- Force Majeure
If Venture Out Australia is prevented (directly or indirectly) from performing any of its obligations under this agreement by reason of act of God, strikes, trade disputes, fire, breakdowns, interruption of transport, government or political action, acts of terrorism, acts or omissions of a third party or any other cause whatsoever outside Venture Out Australia’s reasonable control, Venture Out Australia will be under no liability to you and may, at its option, by written notice, either cancel the tour or arrange alternative tour arrangements.
- Assumption of Risk and safety declaration
You acknowledge that:
- By its very nature mountain bike riding and paddling can be more challenging and demanding with a commensurately higher level of risk compared with conventional holiday tours, and involve potential exposure to injury and possibly death, and:
- The additional dangers and risks associated with mountain bike and paddling adventure travel may include difficult and dangerous terrain, extremes of weather, including sudden and unexpected changes, remoteness from normal medical services and from communications and evacuation difficulties in the event of illness or injury
- We reserve the right to withdraw any person who in our opinion is likely to endanger themselves or others. We also reserve the right to cancel any activity if we become concerned for any reason for your safety or that of any other person.
- You must follow our instructions and use any safety equipment provided at all times. For the above reasons you accept the inherent and increased dangers and risks associated with the proposed adventure and the accompanying risk of injury, death or property damage or loss.
- Release and Waiver of Liability
All participants are required to complete a waiver/indemnity at the time of completing their booking form. This form indemnifies Venture Out Australia from and against all actions, proceedings, claims, demands, costs and expenses and liability whatsoever and howsoever arising from or in any way connected with your participation on your tour/hire with Venture Out Australia.